Main House, spa-quality amenities, dog friendly, close to trails, IN Dunes Nat’l Park
The MAIN HOUSE at the Dream Retreat is a well-appointed, beachside getaway right on the Indiana Dunes National Park (America’s 61st!) and only 40 minutes from Chicago. With an abundance of luxury amenities, there is something for everyone in the group to enjoy. Experience commanding views of the picturesque dunescape and Lake Michigan, with close proximity to hiking trails and the semi-private, sugar-sand beach--reachable by a short nature trail through the rolling dunes. Reunite with friends and family, host a corporate retreat, celebrate milestone birthdays and anniversaries, while making memories at this hidden gem.
Please note, the MAIN HOUSE is part of a larger Entire Compound that can sleep up to 31 people, when rented with the attached Guesthouse. When rented separately, the Main House and Guesthouse remain completely private with no shared amenities areas inside or out (aside from driveway). Main House amenities are not available to Guesthouse renters. If you are interested in renting the Entire Compound, please inquire.
MAIN HOUSE amenities include:
* Gourmet kitchen with professional appliances, dual wine fridges, and complimentary Nespresso and Keurig coffee station
* Steam shower, cedar sauna, indoor jetted tub, wood burning stove (seasonal), game table, rec room w/ built in wet-bar, and foosball table
* Smart TV’s, indoor/outdoor Bluetooth speakers, high speed Wi-Fi
* 2000 sq. ft. multi-level decks, 7-person hot tub, pro-sand volleyball court, outdoor dining, fire pit, grill, heated outdoor shower, and dog-friendly, gated patio (certain amenities are seasonal)
* All supplies provided (paper towels, toilet paper, hand/dish soap, shampoo/conditioner/body wash, and more)
* Parking for 6 cars in the driveway. Overflow parking (free, overnight) available nearby
* Small, intimate weddings: rental of the Dream Retreat Entire Compound (Main House and attached Guesthouse) is required, which can accommodate a maximum of 30 guests even if only for a few hours.
* Three (3) private, queen bedrooms, Bunk Room--one queen bed, one lower twin bunk, and two upper twin bunks, 3 pullout queen sofas
* Sleeps an additional 8 people in four self-inflating high-rise Aerobeds. Bedding/pillows/towels are provided for additional sleeping areas.
* Additional guest fee applies over 13 people: $25/person per night (not including children less than two years of age on Arrival Date), regardless of length of stay or purpose of visit. Maximum occupancy is 21 people.
Main House LAYOUT:
From the driveway, approximately 6 stairs (with handrails on each side) lead up to the main entrance of the house on Level 3. There are six levels in the house with only 5-6 steps between each level.
* Level 6: Master Suite with queen Stearns and Foster, en-suite master bath, large walk-in closet (8ft x 9ft) with skylight, window, and space for one Aerobed
* Level 5: Entertainment loft, overlooks Great Room, game/poker table, surround sound HDTV
* Level 4: Queen bedroom w/ twin fold down sofa, Bunkroom, and full bath
* Level 3: Main Entrance Foyer, Great Room with pullout queen sofa, Kitchen, and access to outdoor patio with hot tub, firepit, grill, heated shower, etc.
* Level 2: Queen bedroom, full bath, laundry, East door driveway entrance
* Level 1: Rec Room with queen pullout sofa, walk-in wet bar, half bath, Foosball
MULTI LEVEL DECKS and Patio
* Five multi-level decks overlook the beautiful National Park and it’s lush dunescape
* Year-round 7-person hot tub with LED lighting
* Year-round Napoleon gas grill
* Seasonal dining and seating areas include a conversation fire pit, and cushioned lounge furniture
* Seasonal heated outdoor shower
* Seasonal pro sand volleyball court
*Jenn-Air professional appliance suite includes built-in microwave and convection oven, gas roasting oven with six-sealed burners, warming oven, chimney hood, built-in Fridge with auto ice-maker, dishwasher
* Custom wine center featuring two Marvel units: cold beverage center and red wine fridge, as well as specialty glassware cabinets
* Double-bowl farm sink with Grohe pull-out faucet, all small appliances, cookware, bakeware, flatware, glassware, barware, and supplies.
* Oversized island has a prep sink and bar seating for four guests
* Complimentary coffee station with Keurig and Nespresso
Main House ENTERTAINMENT LOFT
* Experience the rustic-chic atmosphere of the 28 ft. beamed, cathedral wood ceiling with studio lighting and five skylights
* Six large casement windows and patio doors open to the main deck
* Wood burning stove (non-peak season only) provides cozy ambiance, dancing flames, and extra warmth on chilly nights
* Dining table seats eight (multiple folding tables and chairs also available)
* Seating group includes leather queen sleeper sofa and club chairs
Main House ENTERTAINMENT LOFT
* Inviting wrap-around balcony overlooks the Great Room and an 18 ft. wall of windows showcases the Indiana Dunes National Park and Lake Michigan
* Enjoy panoramic views while perched in the parakeet chair
* Seating group includes a leather queen sleeper sofa, club chairs, and a 50in HDTV with Blu-Ray player and surround sound
* Professional poker and game table
* Stream music with Yamaha/Jamo Bluetooth sound system in Great Room and Loft
* Conveniently opens to the multi-level outdoor decks
Main House REC ROOM
* Queen Anne-style Foosball table
* Walk-in wet bar with counter space for ten, mini-fridge, Kohler sink and faucet, and back-lit bar shelves
* TV viewing area has a coffee leather queen sofa-bed and reclining club chairs
* 55in digital cable HDTV with Dolby 5.1 surround sound
* Library of DVDs and CDs
* 2nd full-size Fridge and freezer for bulk food convenience
* Two high-capacity laundry units which use pureWash Pro Activated Oxygen (Ozone) to clean and sanitize. They do not require detergent, bleach, fabric softener, or hot water.
* Smart TVs with digital Comcast/Xfinity cable and video streaming, and DVD players
* Complimentary K-Cups and Nespresso capsules
* Supplies provided include: shampoo, conditioner, body wash, hair dryers, tissues, paper towels, toilet paper, trash bags, dish soap, dish sponge, dishwasher detergent pods, dryer sheets, beach towels, propane, and firewood (seasonal for indoor wood burning stove)
* Eight Mitsubishi AC wall units and radiant heat boiler with six thermostatic zones for customized comfort.
* High-speed Wi-Fi
Reservation add-on options:
* We are dog-friendly and allow up to three adult, house-trained dogs. Per dog fees: $79 (2-night stay), $29/night (3+ night stay) or $200/week
* Early Check-in (1:30pm CST) for a fee of $129 in Peak Season and $59 in Non-Peak Season
* Late Checkout (1pm CST) for a fee of $129 in Peak Season and $59 in Non-Peak Season.
* Daily maid service available upon request for an additional fee
* All requests are subject to Agent/staff availability.
Please note: A new home was built on the property adjacent to the Dream Retreat in the Spring (2019). We do not anticipate that your stay will be affected as the exterior work nears completion, however please understand we have no control over the contractor's work schedule.
Miller Beach Vacation Rentals offers a seamless experience from booking through checkout and is dedicated to ensuring that we exceed your expectations. Upon booking, our Guidebook and Miller Beach Vacation Rentals app offer local recommendations, check-in/out details, house information, and more.
We will be in touch prior to your stay with arrival instructions, parking details, and to confirm your arrival time. Someone is always available during your stay for any needs that may arise.
Please also visit the Miller Beach Vacation Rentals FAQ page for answers to commonly asked questions about what to expect during your stay and more
MILLER BEACH, IN, is the closest beach-side community to Chicago, is a unique and growing artist community in NW Indiana with a lot to offer!
* Shopping Destinations
* Fine Dining
* Miles of pristine beaches and nature trails
* Hundreds of attractions are located within sixty minutes: Casinos, Amusement/Water Parks, Golf, Antiquing, Wineries, Outlet Malls
* Close proximity to Chicago’s rich culture
Our House Manager personally greets you upon arrival for a quick tour and to answer any questions. We are a keyless property, you will be given a unique door code for access to the house.
1. Master Suite featuring a Queen size Stearns and Foster bed, full-height doors and windows with spectacular views of the IN Dunes Nat’l Park, Lake Michigan, and Chicago skyline, a wrap-around deck, vaulted ceilings, wall mounted 60 in Smart HDTV, and French doors that open to Juliette balcony overlooking the Entertainment Loft & Great Room below. The 8’x10' Master walk-in closet can be used as an overflow sleeping area and has a skylight, window, raised loft, and space for one Aerobed.
2. Queen bedroom with balcony and (bonus) fold down sofa
3. Lower level Queen bedroom, just a few steps down from the main level and great for guests with mobility issues
4. Bunk Room with one Twin over Queen bunk, one Twin over Twin bunk (4 beds total)
* En-suite Master Bath is a custom-designed spa sanctuary with Kohler steam, Dry-Cedar Sauna, jetted-tub, separate vanities, private toilet room, and dimmable chandelier lighting to set the perfect ambiance.
* Two (2) additional Full bathrooms in Main House with shower/bathtubs
* One (1) half bath in lower level Rec Room of Main House
All bathrooms feature rainfall shower heads, marble tile, Grohe faucets, Kohler sinks, fluffy towels, hair dryers, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, toilet paper, and tissues.
Take the South Shore train line to Chicago (Museum Campus and Millennium Park stops). There are 2 stations nearby (Miller and Ogden Dunes) within 2-5 minutes from both homes. Travel time is about an hour.
We are approximately 45 minutes from Midway airport and 1 hour from O’Hare airport.
Uber and Lyft are available in Miller Beach
We help our guests celebrate some of the most important moments in their lives! Miller Beach Vacation Rentals has been in the memory-making business since 2007. We’ve hosted over 15,000 people and cater to multi-generational family reunions, friend’s getaways, corporate retreats, milestone birthdays, anniversaries, and intimate weddings.